The following services are available through the Sheriff’s Office:
Permit to Purchase a Handgun
Vehicle Title Inspections
Permit to Purchase a Handgun (Gun Certificates):
To obtain a permit to purchase a handgun, the following is needed:
- A driver’s license with your CURRENT Saunders County address
- A $5.00 fee payable with check or cash; no bills larger than $20.00 please. Credit cards or debit cards are not accepted.
Your gun certificate will be mailed out or you may pick it up after two (2) working days, not to include the application day.
To obtain a Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit, you will need to do so through the Nebraska State Patrol. For more information, click here to access the NSP website---Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit.
Obtaining an Accident or Theft Report:
You may obtain an accident or theft report through our records department. You will need the following:
- Drivers’ names who were involved in the accident
- Time, date and location of accident (For accident reports)
- Names of person(s) or business involved in the thefts (For theft reports)
- A minimum $3.00 fee applies, payable in cash or check
Note: If you have the Incident Report number, you may use that as a reference to obtain the reports.
Copies of reports may be issued 5-9 days from the date of occurrence.
Vehicle Title Inspection:
To obtain a vehicle title inspection, the following is needed:
- A $10.00 fee payable in check or cash; no bills larger than $20.00 please. Credit cards or debit cards are not accepted.
The Vehicle Inspection is another component of the Sheriff’s Office, responsible for inspection of vehicles to ensure proper title and registration. The manufacturers’ numbers on vehicles are checked to make certain that a vehicle has proper title and is not a stolen vehicle.
All vehicles titled in another state, overseas and all salvage vehicles require an inspection. Vehicles exempt from inspection are vehicles with manufacturer’s statement of origin and federal government vehicles.
The inspection consists of VIN verification and an odometer reading. This is not a safety or emission section. Vehicles inspections are required 30 days after entering the state. The inspection sheet is good for 30 days.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
All questions are to be
directed to the Saunders County Sheriff's Office